About the challenge
The AI Hackathon is a 3-day virtual hackathon hosted by AssemblyAI. We've been inspired by recent advancements in AI and wanted to support the innovation further with our first AI Hackathon. Teams of professionals will work together to build projects using AI that solve real-world problems (bonus $5k bonus for the best project built with AssemblyAI).
1. Register on Hopin
2. Form your team (bring your friends or find a team on our Discord Server)
3. Get ready for the challenge on December 9th!
What to Build
Build exciting AI-powered projects (optional to use AssemblyAI) for a chance to win up to $50k in cash prizes.
- Teams may have 1-4 members.
- You cannot be a part of more than one team.
- You must be registered to be eligible to participate, win prizes, and receive swag.
- All projects submitted need to be complete and have a functioning prototype.
- All projects need to be new for the hackathon and existing projects are not eligible.
- A team can only submit one project.
- All submissions are due Sunday, December 11th at 12:30pm PDT through Devpost. No late submissions will be accepted.
- You are required to submit a link to your GitHub repo.
- To track your activity, git commits must be used. The commit history visible on GitHub must show proof of activity within the hackathon period.
- You are required to submit a 2-minute max length video demo of your project.
$58,000 in prizes
$35,000 USD + $3,500 in AssemblyAI API credits (per team)
$10,000 USD + $1,000 in AssemblyAI API credits (per team)
$5,000USD + $500 in AssemblyAI API credits (per team)
Best use of AssemblyAI API
$5,000USD for the best use of AssemblyAI's APIs. (per team)
Use AssemblyAI's Speech-to-Text APIs to automatically convert audio and video files and live audio streams to text. Build with our Audio Intelligence AI models like summarization, content moderation, topic detection, and more.
Best Cohere Project
$3,000USD + $5,000 Cohere credits for the best project built with Cohere. (per team)
Cohere provides access to advanced Large Language Models and NLP tools through one easy-to-use API. Our platform can be used to generate or analyze text to do things like write copy, moderate content, classify data and extract information, all at a massive scale. We challenge you to get creative and innovative with our solution and most importantly, have fun!
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Founder & CEO / AssemblyAI
Investor, Former CEO of GitHub
Investor, Former Partner of Y Combinator
Author & Investor, Former Product Lead of Airbnb
Machine Learning Engineer Lead / Hugging Face
Cofounder / Cohere
Does the project use AI in its core functionality?
Does the project utilize AI in an unconventional or creative way?
How deeply does the project address the problem being addressed?
Are all features built out to the level of an MVP?
UI / UX
Does the project consider user interface or user experience?
How technically complex is the project?
Is the problem and solution clearly communicated?